Guy Gold & Associates Protocols for Operating in Context of COVID-19
In light of the current Coronavirus outbreak, Guy Gold & Associates would like to reassure all our patients and clients that we are following the daily updated guidelines issued by the Government and Public Health England, and specific professional advice from the General Osteopathic Council, the Institute of Osteopathy and the Academy of Physical Medicine.
We have established new protocols for operating in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, to protect the safety of our patients, our staff and the general public.
Our new protocols address the following areas.
Comprehensive staff trainings:
- Guy Gold & Associates COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures and Safeguarding Policy
- Online Triage and Consultations
- Understanding PPE
- Understanding Infection Prevention and Control Measures
- Educating Patients and Caregivers
- Maintaining Staff Wellbeing
- Cleaning Protocols.
Protecting those in our premises:
- Screening of patients to determine whether they are in a risk-category or symptomatic before they attend the premises
- Managing patient appointments to minimise overlap and maintain social distancing in the waiting area
- Scheduling half an hour between each and every appointment to allow time for aeration, cleaning and sanitisation
- Establishing working protocols to maximise the distance between staff members
- Establishing self-assessment of symptoms protocols for staff members
- All our clinicians will be travelling to and from work by bicycle or car in order to avoid public transport
- Offering ongoing Osteopathic patient support for isolating or symptomatic patients via video consultation.
Heightened levels of hygiene:
- Decluttering of clinic spaces to minimise surface areas for sanitisation
- Provision of hand sanitisers for patients and staff and protocol established for moments in patient journey when sanitisation occurs
- Procurement of hospital grade cleaning and sanitisation products for all surfaces
- Removal of clinic linens and replacement with medical-grade vinyl covers and pillowcases which can be decontaminated
- Cleaning protocol established for all areas of premises.
- Patients to confirm following booking that they will not attend appointments if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Clinician to perform risk assessment triage before commencement of treatment to ascertain patient’s symptom status
- Clinician to wear NHS-approved full PPE during treatments
- Clinicians trained in donning and doffing PPE procedures
- Patients to wear face masks and sanitise hands before treatment
- Alternative treatment techniques to be used where necessary to reduce proximity and aerosol creation.
For more information on our safeguarding procedures, please ask your clinician for a copy of our policy document during your appointment.